The Schlossberg Farm
Its roots date back to the Meraniern family in the 13th Century.
It was once a manor house for the Orlamünde family
The establishment of the Veste Mittelberg probably took place between 1260 and 1338 by the Earl of Orlamünde.
During a feud between the margrave Albrecht Achilles and the bishop Georg von Bamberg and Nuremberg, the Veste Mittelberg was destroyed in 1462.
The Lore of the castle states that it should have had three escape tunnels.
Legend has it that even gold is buried in the grounds.